California Wildfires

This tragic prediction has happened. Please everyone stay safe.

I had a visual of one massive forest fire. People in a neighborhood were trying to find a way out, but they would not unfortunately.

61 thoughts on “California Wildfires

1. Sorry to read there are at least 10 deaths now ..Prayers for all victims families and Firefighters ..Praying the winds ease ..
    love and light

• hi star
      yes the one i posted mentions 10 dead as well though the lead in heading says one .
      thamks for picking up and backing facts .
      blessings

• Rhona2,
        Your welcome..I am glad you do not think I was being cheeky..๐Ÿ˜œ

2. There seems to be wildfires all round the world. My sympathies goes to those whose properties were destroyed. It is so traumatic. Along the Garden Route in South Africa we had terrible wildfires in June this year that destroyed over 1000 properties, land and animals. It raged for over 300 km. Those affected are still trying to come to terms with it and rebuild their lives.

• Laurie, I, personally, hadn’t heard about the horrible wildfires in South Africa in June, but I’m sure it didn’t go un-noticed in the press and all other news media here and around the world. How heart-breaking for everyone involved, including the innocent animals. Mercy! it would take a long time to process such a trauma and to have to start over again for most people; no doubt about it. ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ

3. This morning in GOod Morning America at ABC they mentioned Disney and neighborhood turning orange. I am not sure if thatโ€™s a hit for Disney and orange.

4. Eric, SWC,

Update. 11 dead …150 missing..

Excerpt..
    “The fires inside the eight-county area are only 10 percent contained, at best, Cal Fire said. The largest, the Atlas Fire in Napa County and the Tubbs Fire in Sonoma County, together consumed 52,000 acres by Tuesday. About 30 people were rescued from Atlas Peak, a 1,700-foot tall mountain — many of them laborers working to complete the autumn grape harvest.

Officials said seven deaths occurred in Sonoma County, two in Napa County and one in Mendocino County. It wasn’t immediately clear where or how the 11th person died. Thousands of evacuees are now in temporary shelters.”

5. Eric SWC
    Update 12:30 pm.

excerpt..
    Erratic winds whipped up flames Saturday, igniting several homes in the town of Sonoma and forcing the evacuations of thousands of people who, until now, had escaped the terrible wrath of the wildfires that killed 35 people and destroyed 5,700 structures in the Wine Country.
    Several homes burned just east of the historic town square in Sonoma as the gusty winds that caused so much havoc earlier this week reappeared before dawn, forcing firefighters to scramble to beat back numerous flare-ups.

6. The Atlas Fire in California entered Solano County on Oct. 9th, near the area where I lived for 22 years. when I check the updates. It’s beautiful in rural Solano County. Concerned for all the animal life, as well; the Ground Squirrels, birds, horses,dogs,cats, rodents, cattle, Mountain Lions, fish, reptiles, amphibians, Insects, plants, trees, et. al. The severe ash and smoke in the air and down as far as San Francisco, the devastation in Napa and the other counties and now burning in my much loved Solano County, economic damage re/ destroyed vineyards, fruit orchards, various kinds of important crops. I understand we humans might have a little time left to try to turn things around, climate-wise. It’s like Hell, literally, has erupted upon this country and others, especially noticeable since 2016. It’s been one bad thing after another and It can’t be a coincidence.

7. star48, Just want to thank you for your contributions for Eric and others re/ fires, etc. info. (Read in a Solano newspaper yesterday that ‘”The sun is obliterated in the Suisun Valley”– ( the area that I additionally check on now for daily updates.) — by the smoke and ash. They are handing out special masks now that can also filter out tiny particles. I wouldn’t be surprised if they find that it was human-caused when they can finally investigate the Atlas fire. They reported it started just south of Lake Berryessa, but reported the cause is unknown as yet. The fires move so fast which accounts for most of the deaths. Eric’s prediction of people being unable to escape is horrible because It happened. Here in this part of Fl., we’ve been getting unusual frequency of rainfall during the last few months. California is in their first rainy season month and still no rain to help. (The weather cycles were still normal when I lived there). Aside from normal rain pattern returning, firefighters setting barrier fires and fighting them from overhead, I don’t know how they’d stop spreading unless, as in all good needs, we pray and Expect a miracle. It does work, especially with Thanks added.

• Eliza
      your welcome
      I should disclose,
      2 brothers retired from Fire service.( one fire chief and one captain)
      CA native..having lived there over 60 yrs…now living in PNW..
      I am concerned for the future of CA…especially with grey terrorism on the horizon..
      When I was growing up there were only 10 million in population…( I know paradise)
      People forget a large part is high desert…let’s pray for a good future..
      Blessings to you..

8. Eric and star48, Thanks again,as always. You both are such vigilant and caring people. Well roll me over and tie me to a pig! Wow, star48 and brother! I just re-read your comment this moment and realized, in my life-long, occasional moments of sudden ‘drop-out’ in logic, that I’d totally ‘missed’ what you meant in your personal disclosure, so I am adding this here and After I’d finished my long (I’m so sorry, Eric!) comment that follows below.( Duh!).. Now I think I understand what that ‘star48’ means! Much special, practical knowledge, personal courage and discipline you and your brother must possess from all those years of that type and level of work. i can only imagine it! Here’s what I’d already commented before I realized I was also informing a couple of Experts! ๐Ÿ™‚ : “Thank you, also, for the AP article today, star48. It has a good update and info, too). On AccuWeather today, there’s helpful weather info. about the situation. It’s good news that a rain pattern may possibly arrive in the form of a “storm” on or by Friday of this week. There could be flash-flooding, though, in burned areas, of course. Winds are expected to increase ahead of the storm, it says, which could fan any fires still burning, so that’s a potential problem, for awhile, too. The rain will hinder clean-up efforts, also, but I doubt that it would greatly frustrate anyone involved. It mentioned that the rain will be little to none for drought areas of Southern Calif. ( Yes, I ‘guess’ if people put developments in deserts and move in, they need to presume that they might have to ditch the house in a hurry at some point!! ). I feel sorry for the Santa Rosa man who worked for a year re-modeling his home, only to lose his house in the fire; so awful for him and his family. Over all, the rain would be a much-prayed-for miracle to stop that fierce energy of fire. star48, you mentioned that you have experienced “paradise”. I know just what you mean, including seeing the population booming in the late 1980’s in ‘my’ little piece of Calif. paradise. Because you lived there three times as long as I, you must have felt three times the sadness about it than I was feeling. That had to be ‘a whole lotta blues’ for you, star48! I do feel blessed, though, that I have the memories and photographs of those seemingly ‘halcyon days.’ Like you, I ended up moving to the PNW, too. (Gov’t work-related transfer reason. Was That a change, but i fell in love with the wonderful things of and about nature,there,too. I especially miss ‘my’ little friends, the beautiful Ravens and Crows who ‘daily came a-callin’ for some seeds or bread. (((Blessings))) to you, too. Thanks for mine!)

9. star48, I’m sorry that I forgot to ask what “grey terrorism” means, so I looked it up, but still am ignorant of the reason that, I think, you were relating as a possible, future concern for Calif, in particular. I remember that there was a guy who was encouraging Californians to vote to secede from the U.S., earlier this year. I was trying to warn a couple of Calif. enthusiasts (at the time) to hold their horses on that one. Turned out, as you may know, that he had something to do with a dark (or “grey”?) agenda to break up the U.S. and to effect future elections — by first getting rid of that mostly Democratic state, especially. So, I’m guessing that maybe you’re thinking they’ll be at it again, but maybe in a different way? Thanks.

10. Eric, SWC,

Lighter winds help crews gain on wildfires.
    Excerpt;
    SANTA ROSA, Calif. (AP) โ€” Crews trying to corral the California wildfires made progress Monday as authorities reported the first death from the firefighting effort โ€” a driver who was killed when his truck overturned on a winding mountain road.

The driver, who had been delivering water to the fire lines, crashed before dawn in Napa County on a road that climbs from vineyards into the mountains. No other details were available about the accident, which was under investigation, said Mike Wilson, a fire spokesman.
    —-///

11. Eric, SWC
    Fire evacuees..
    Excerpt.
    “The kindness has overwhelmed me,โ€ said David Lamb, 78, who evacuated from Santa Rosa. Someone in a neighboring recreational vehicle offered Lamb use of a generator to power a machine he uses at night to breathe. โ€œIt makes you wonder why we canโ€™t come together like this all the time,โ€ Lamb said.”

12. Eric, SWC,

Update.

SANTA ROSA, Calif. (AP) โ€” The Latest on California wildfires (all times local):

8:30 p.m.

More people displaced by Northern California wildfires have been told they can go home.

The Sonoma County Sheriffโ€™s Office said Monday night that evacuation orders have been lifted for two neighborhoods in Santa Rosa, a city of 175,000 people. Many harder hit neighborhoods in the city remain under evacuation orders.

Residents of the wine-country towns of Geyserville and Healdsburg have also been told they can go home.

13. Eric, SWC,

Suspected Arsonist.

The U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement Agency (ICE) issued a detainer request on the Sonoma County Jail for Jesus Fabian Gonzalez, who was arrested Sunday on suspicion of arson in Wine Country fires that have killed at least 40 residents.
    Breitbart News reported earlier this week that Sonoma County Sheriffs had arrested Jesus Fabian Gonzalez, 29, at Maxwell Regional Park in Sonoma County after a series of reports of ongoing fires in the region. Mr. Gonzalez was observed around 3:00 p.m. PDT wearing a jacket and walking โ€œout of the creek area and a plume of smoke behind him,โ€ according to the Santa Rosa Press Democrat.